Saturday, November 04, 2006

Ranger Gord picks a fight

Look out, I'm in one of those moods.

A couple of weeks ago I shared with you the story of a blogger who calls herself Pontifica, who is a selfish dog owner that chronically lets her dog run loose at the park and was recently cited by a park ranger. Pontifica shared her story of getting out of her dog off leash ticket by lying to the prosecutor about being a responsible dog owner.

I recently checked back with Pontifica and found the following post:

Perhaps the creepiest discovery was that my blog was quoted at length, and disapprovingly, by someone named Ranger Gordon, who objected to my "silver-tongued" scofflaw-itis regarding my Alleged Lawless Hound. Sheesh. No helpful link to his blog here -– sorry, Gordon.
While I expected her to disagree with my post, I was surprised that she couldn't even get my name correct. I guess I was just expecting too much from Pontifica, who I shall now refer to as Katherine. Everyone knows that it is common courtesy to flush the toilet when you are done, call people by their proper name, and to keep your dog on a leash. O.K. so I don't really know if she flushes when she is done. Someone as self absorbed as Katherine probably doesn't ever consider what her actions will do to others, so she is probably the type that lays half a roll of toilet paper on a perfectly clean seat and then just leaves the whole mess for the next unsuspecting fool to walk into the stall.

As I looked through Katherine's blog, I noticed that Kate likes to see how people may have accidentallyy come across her blog.
Here are some of the recent web searches that have led hapless victims to my parlor:
  • daring cleavage
  • john lennon bed peace hair peace
  • berlin art hipster (my blog was #1!)
  • dozens of Fields of Gold/Sting/Studio 60/lute combinations (my blog often came up #1. Go figure!)
Kate'ms seems to get especially excited when Google Blog Search lists her blog as "#1", so I thought, as a courtesy, I would help her out by listing some of the searches that lists Kathy's blog, Ponitifica's Parlor as "#1." The following searches all listed Pontifica's Parlor as the #1 result on the day I made this post. Check them out...

By now, some of you must be thinking, "Wow, that Ranger Gord is mean." Well, it's not the first time I've been called an asshole.

UPDATE: Pontifica has removed all references to the name Gordon from her blog. Ranger Gord declares victory!

No comments: